Friday, January 25, 2008

This is....


Ok, so I'm late on joining in the 'This is..' fun over at three buttons, but I am figuring that in doing this I am killing two birds with one stone....

Firstly, I did know about this earlier, but the first 'This is...' was "My Favourite Cup", and to be perfectly honest, I don't have one.... Sad I know, especially as I am a compulsive tea drinker. But every morning I would just grab whatever old cup came to hand. I didn't even have a favourite that was just for 'looks', you know. Until now...

Check out this rose coloured lovely:


I found four of these in an Op Shop yesterday. I haven't actually tested them for drinking out of, as I suspect it would be kinda difficult. Very wide and very shallow. But oh the beauty!!! It's a bit hard to tell from the photos, but this cup is heart-shaped on the inside, and sort of lilly-padish on the outside. I feel like I should be sitting on a toadstool drinking nectar out of it. So I'm not sure I'll ever sip my earl grey tea out of it while I tap away at the computer, but I will admire it each day...


OK, now that I have caught up on the first round, I am jumping straight into the second, which is "This is.....what scares me". Which would be this post. Right here! Yep, turning up late for events scares the beejeezus out of me! When I was younger, if I turned up late for a Uni lecture (and I mean even literally one minute late) I would pace outside the door wringing my hands trying to work up the courage to open the door and walk in.....and I couldn't! Sometimes I might have driven for 30 minutes to get there, and then after being one minute late I would turn around and go home. How's that for some neuroticism for ya!


As you can see though, I have become much braver as I have got older (and I think having kids also has a tendency to make you 'get over yourself'). So here I am. Crashing a meme! A latecomer! Going off to dry my sweating palms now.......

Oh, and to see everyone else's responses, visit three buttons.

9 comments:

Angela said...

the early bird always catches the worm! I admire your new found courage. Always the early one... are you always the first to dance on the dance floor ; )

Bec said...

Hey thanks! No WAY am I the first onto the dance floor...which makes me think maybe my fear is not so much of being late exactly, but of being conspicuous...hmmm...ok, that's way too deep to be pondering at 7.45am...better have a coffee first :)

Jodie said...

maybe you just don't want that moment when you open the door and everyone in the room turns and looks at you !

Bec said...

Oh yeah, now that's definitely the stuff of my nightmares...although in my nightmares, it's at that point when everyone turns to look at me that I realise I forgot to put clothes on (eeek, I really don't want to know what Freud would say about that one...)

Dees said...

Oh I am so glad that you found the courage to join in and who cares that you are a bit late!with that cup you could have crashed in this meme anytime!!!wow so pretty so adorable so glad you shared it!xoxo
PS I hate to be late too,but it hasn't turned into a fearfactor.I am glad about that.must be hard on you I think?

Jikkes said...

Wow, I really love love love your favorite cup........such a beauty!!!

Jenny said...

Welcome-it is fun! Better late than never! LOVE that gorgeous cup!

Anonymous said...

This is very cute. Your cup is gorgeous and you newly found courage is rewarding...cause it seems you have a lot to share look forward to more posts.

bettyninja said...

Such delicate little cups. Perfectly pink