Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Simplicity itself!



That's exactly what making this top was, especially compared to the Built by Wendy top I last made. It was easy peasy! It is the sleeveless version of Simplicity #4589. I highly recommend it, and I'm definitely going to make some of the other versions of this top. For those who have recognised the fabric, yep, this is the same Op-Shopped fabric that I used for my first apron (that I ended up giving to mum). And I still have enough left to do something else with it!!! That was definitely a bargain piece of fabric for $1.50!!!



For anyone who is interested in making this top, there is also a Flickr Group just for this pattern. It's not a big group, but I found it interesting to see how other people's tops turned out!

And the best thing about this top? Well, besides being light and airy (which I LOVE), it also accentuates the 'boobage' (or lack of...as the case may be) and nicely hides the 'yes I've had two kids' belly. Lovely!

8 comments:

Bird Bath said...

Hi! That is a fab top!Lovely choice of fabric. I may have a gomyself if it's that easy, although I sew for my little ones I have yet to make something for myself.( by the way the built by wendy top was ace too!)

Ulla V. said...

You have definitely inspired me to make this top! It is so beautiful...and well-made!!

Dee said...

Oh this top is just lovely!!
Might be brave enough to try this myself!

Bec said...

Maggie pie - thank-you! Yes I was very lucky finding that fabric in an Op Shop. I've got a lot of mileage out of it so far :)

Ulla v - I have seen some of the beautiful children's clothes you have made. I'm sure you could whip this up with NO problems at all!

Dee - You should definitely have a go at this one. The best thing about it is that it is very quick to make up (always good when you're doing things during naps, after kids have gone to sleep, etc.). And if you need any help, you can always give me a call :)

Unknown said...

That is the most adorable little top! Well Done! I really should learn how to follow a pattern.
PinkLizzy.

Juni said...

I love this top, its gorgeous! I really like your button placement and the red trim sets it all off perfectly.

Bec said...

Thank-you!

PinkyLizzy, I'm sure you would have no problems following this pattern. And it's pretty quick to whip up, which is always good for a bit of instant gratification1

Juni - I'm a bit button mad really, so any excuse to stick buttons on something...:P....I'm glad you like it!

♥ KNITTING ART said...

Hi! SUPER-I like creative,light and airy home sewing. Cheers, Mine.