Monday, January 7, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring



..well, there was no old man snoring, but there was one little baby girl who managed to sleep through the cracking lightning, and thunder that shook the whole house!!!

It was just fantastic - a proper tropical downpour, just like we used to get all the time when we first moved to Brisbane.



It has been such a long time since we have seen rain like this. The drought has been long and horrible. Maybe we might be coming to the end of it?.....maybe?....



Boy I hope so. We were so excited, we all ran out into it. I think it was the first time Lee has ever seen such rain. There was water swirling everywhere at the end of our little court.



I love seeing our back yard look like this. All hazy and green after a good rain. Bring it on!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bec!! I LOOOOVE These pictures of the rain!!! Water water water everywhere!!! I love water and green and nature!!!
Elsita :)

Bec said...

Elsita, I agree, being surrounded by green is so calming. I love taking a big breath of moist fresh air, and smelling that damp earthiness - lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wow! check out that rain!!! Beautiful!