Wednesday, January 16, 2008

...and the beans are spilling...

OK, so in follow-up to the teeny-tiny comment at the bottom of my last post, here is a bean...


...and another bean..


...and, a really really big bean..


Get it?? He he...Yep, that's right, I've gone and set myself up an Etsy Shop. You can access it by simply going to www.beckybean.com, although I've only got four things uploaded so far. Only another...oh...about 20 to go...eeeekkkk!!!

I have been madly sewing over the last month and a half, and now have a stock of about 12 bags, and about two dozen brooches and hair clips. I tell you, making them was the easy part. Setting the whole thing up and uploading everything is another story altogether. Not easy when you get interrupted five times during an upload to take someone to the toilet, fix a scraped knee, feed a forever hungry toddler, mediate arguments...aaarrrrghhhh. At least once I get the initial stuff up I will only need to do this once every so often.


It was the only option really. I have made bags for pretty much everyone I know now, so if I wanted to keep up this obsession, then I really needed to sell some stuff to justify buying more stuff to make more stuff....well, you know what I mean!

So yeah - kinda scary really. From an ego point of view I mean.....it's definitely taking me out of my comfort zone. But that's all good right! And if you are wondering why the bird, why the name? As a kid I had a pet budgie, and ever day I would come home from school and the bird would chirp "Where's Becky been, where's Becky been?". And so I got called Beckybean (except from my brother who decided that "Becky baked bean head" was a much more apt nickname...).


So there ya go. Beans are officially running off all over the place. Booyah!

7 comments:

vanessa said...

Congratulations on all your beans!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish I could work up the motivation to work as quick as you. job well done!

Jodie said...

Congratulations , how terrifically exciting!

Bec said...

Thank-you:)

Paula Weston said...

Just wanted to add to the congratulations Bec. Well done! (And about time...)

We're in Hobart at the moment and wandered through the wonderful Salamanca Markets this morning. I thought of you and how your creations are just as good (if not better in many cases) than the hand-made bags available here.

World domination awaits... (just kidding!)

xx

Bec said...

Thank-you Paula! Your support and encouragement has always meant a great deal to me. Hope you are having a lovely time in Hobart! xxx

Joanne (visionhandbags) said...

Love your blog Bec - and your etsy shop! I'm sure it will be a great success. All the best!

Bec said...

Thanks Joanne, I really appreciate the support! And I think your pram bags are a fantastic (and original!!) idea. I wish they'd been around when my kids were babies!