Friday, April 3, 2009

Coffee bags are GO!!!!

As promised, Jade and I have been making bags from coffee sacks, courtesy of the lovely folk at Brisbane's boutique coffee chain, Merlo. Lots of fun actually, apart from getting little bits of hessian hair everywhere (once the bags are made we seal them with a water-based non toxic sealant to prevent the 'shedding').

Short Black Handbag (...better get moving...)

This little prototype bag had it's first run out at the Artists, Bloggers, Crafters and Designers meet up at the Brisbane Powerhouse last night (thank-you Steph from Bondville and Kim from Udessi for organising - it was a great night!!!).

These two have already gone off to new homes:

Long Black Tote (It's only words...)

Flat White Shoulder Bag (...another early morning flight...)

And there are another three in the shop. We have decided to name the bags according to snippits of conversation heard in coffee shops. So of course going out for coffee is now a work expense :P

Latte Shoulder Tote (...loving this rain...)

Long Black Tote (...and the winner is...)

Macchiato Shoulder Bag (...such a cherry picker...)

Now after all this talk of coffee, guess what I feel like?

mmmmmm.......coffee.......

16 comments:

littlechrissy said...

Oh I love my coffee bag SO much I think I am going to have to get another one. There's something about hessian that's so raw and natural and lovely. Plus recycled material always gets an enormous bear hug from me.
You're so clever.
xx

Kawaii for You said...

Well done Bec and Jade. They look fantastic - I especially love the handbag at the top! Congrats also on having one of your handbags make it into Peppermint Magazine - so exciting !

Bird Bath said...

these bags are sensational - I love the hummingbird motif and the text. Each design is fab....I'm sure you will find great success with these.
P.S. Congrats on the magazine feature!! I will have to look it up.

Bel said...

I am LOVING your new range of bags, I think my fav is the Macchiato Shoulder Bag :)
Congrats! Bel x

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

These are absolutely fantastic! I can attest to the gorgeousness of the short black handbag. It is hot hot hot.
Steph
Bondville

KH said...

These are great! What an awesome idea. Love my merlo too :)

Unknown said...

These are all so so fabulous!

Florence Forrest said...

Loving these coffee sack bags!! lovely to meet you last night too. Hope to see you again at the next one if not before :)

xx

edward and lilly said...

Loving these bags, and congrats on Peppermint!

I love the little one at the top, so cute!!

edward and lilly said...

Loving these bags, and congrats on Peppermint!

I love the little one at the top, so cute!!

Anonymous said...

These bags are fabulous!!! My favourite is the flat white shoulder bag. Now if it was called the skinny flat white shoulder bag, I might be persuaded to buy it.

x Catherine

Kim Wallace :: Udessi said...

So great to meet you on Thursday, your bags are gorgeous! Hopefully see you next time :)

Jetta's Nest said...

I just peeked in your etsy store and the bags look fabulous! Well done on your Peppermint feature too. Exciting times :)

Anastasia said...

these are totally cool!!! so very unique!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

They look amazing! I'm having trouble deciding which one is my favourite!

Teneale said...

Hi Bec, The coffee bags look great! I'll have to show my friend Matt, he works at Dancing Bean Kelvin Grove and has coffee bags similar to yours. Needs some incentive to be arty with them me thinks. xo Teneale
ps he does awesome coffee by the way if you're ever near there.