Friday, February 26, 2010

Clickety click

Playing with my new camera and the fun Poladroid program. I love how Poladroid makes even the most mundane photos look all nostalgic and interesting. Also love the cool noises it makes, and the way you can 'shake' your polaroid to make it 'develop' faster. I know. Nerd. Eh, might as well own it.

This little series of photos pretty much sums up what's been happening so far this year (minus the kid spews and phlegm hacking....I thoughtfully chose to not take photos of those cheerful events).

One would like to think this photo describes a bit of lazing on the grass in the sun. Well no. Just me trying out my new camera and hoping I didn't get bitten by ants while sitting there.


 
After tripping over these superheroes I decided to take a photo before doing my 'nana at the kids for leaving their toys all over the floor. They look to me like they're having a 'dance off' - breakdance style.


 Went to the GOMA recently to see the The 6th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art. Highly recommended. Even Kate loved it!


Don't miss the interactive stuff for kids (and adults!) at the GOMA. It's awesome. 
 Nothing like a workout at the gym to bring on a big cold beer craving. Yep, it's all about healthy living round here...

PS. For anyone who's interested, my new camera is this gorgeous thing:



It is a digital SLR that is not much bigger than a point and shoot and the shape is based on the traditional rangefinder. Retro goodness with modern capability. I love it!

 

7 comments:

Ange said...

looks like a great program - can't wait to try it out!
x

Jade said...

those pics look very cool in that program :)

Hot Fudge said...

You had me going there for a while. I pictured you running around with a camera the size of a dinner plate. What a great little program - and great shots! And the new camera looks fabulous.

Ali said...

Very cool-looking camera Bec - I want one!!

Paula Weston said...

Great pics! You're so right about the atmosphere the good old Polaroid creates (although an artistic eye like yours clearly helps)

And the elk was my favourite exhibit at GOMA as well. (I also thought the guitars looked cool ... Although when I asked Murray - a guitar aficionado - what he thought after he'd stood there reading the exhibit blurb, he turned to me and calmly said "That guy's a ##!! idiot" and wandered off. Cracked me up. x

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

The new camera looks fab - can't wait to see the results. And that program is too cool, I have to figure it out.

I would love to see that bubble show. It looks incredible.

And your beer post-workout is right up my alley - I do a glass of wine. Hey - I've earned that!

flossy-p said...

I saw a bit of that triennial on TV, it looks amazing. I still haven't made it up to GOMA, would love to go.