Saturday, February 6, 2010

Plastic Girl, you are ace!

I have been a huge fan of Liana Kabel (aka Plastic Girl) since I discovered her work a few years ago. Some people's husbands buy them Tiffany jewellery. My husband buys me Liana Kabel jewellery. Because for starters, her designs are simply gorgeous. They are original and bright and happy, and they are environmentally friendly (think recycled tupperware, vintage knitting needles and reclaimed buttons, sometimes combined with silver for a high-end finish). They are also very recognisable as her work, as she has her own identifiable style, and I like that too. And she is a Brisbane girl. A very nice one as well!



Late last year I was lucky enough to win one of the most generous giveaways going around, when I won the following bounty of amazing Liana Kabel pieces (including a sweet Paperboat Press ceramic Christmas bird decoration).



The necklace was immediately donned that night for my husband's work Christmas party and I felt proud that in a sea of mass-produced adornments I was rocking jewellery that was unique and interesting, with soul and a story.



If you haven't checked out Liana's website then I suggest you put a bit of time aside and have a nice cup of tea and a browse. She has just recently revamped her Etsy shop so lots of lovely new goodies there, and there is also a Big Cartel shop where you can buy in Aussie dollars to (which I will be perusing shortly as I still have my voucher to spend and I certainly do not plan to waste it!).


Well I did mention in a previous post last year that I was probably going to go all fangirl over this and I guess I have. But I'm sure you can see why.

Thank-you Liana - I use the lovely goodies you sent to me all the time, and get so many lovely comments about them.

xxx

7 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

Thanks a lot Bec - there went the morning. What a colourful and original artist - I can understand your obsession with her fabulous designs.

vanessa said...

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing that link + those cute accessories. what a gorgeous picture!! hope you're doing well. v

Thea said...

I'm a fan of Liana's too. You look lovely in that photo donning her necklace. x

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I love Liana Kabel but am yet to own anything of hers. I agree with your thoughts about owning unique hand made pieces.

Lovely to see what you look like from the neck up by the way.

flossy-p said...

Yes, I agree, you're so pretty from the neck up, thanks for letting us meet you :)

p.s. you look good from the neck down too, but that sounds like I've been checking you out ;)

Paula Weston said...

About time you started putting your gorgeous face on here. You are one groovy chick!

xx

Liana Kabel said...

Thank you for the lovely mention. I really appreciate it! I still remember your charming husband buying you a red Knitwit for Christmas. I couldn't believe I had to make it so small, but he certainly knows you best.