Monday, April 21, 2008

This is...my latest discovery

I had no idea what I was going to do for this one. I actually thought my discovery was going to be that I had discovered nothing lately......which is probably not entirely true, but I just couldn't think of anything...until I gave up, went blog/flickr-hopping and stumbled across this:

THE MOST GORGEOUS CARDIGAN EVER

by Flintknits

You really must check out this knitted beauty. Isn't it just the best? Now I'm completely sure my knitting skills are nowhere near up to making this. But this is going to be my knitting Everest. And one day I will conquer it. How could I not? I really want it!

Find out what others have discovered recently by visiting Angela's blog at Three Buttons. And thank-you to Knit Owl for this week's theme.

13 comments:

flossy-p said...

mmmm, that IS a beautiful cardigan. Your "white whale" of knitting projects. ;)

Thanks SO much for the information-packed email I'm madly clicking links now and reading up. Will email back once I've got a grasp. Thanks again .xx.

Levin said...

that is a gorgeous cardigan. i hope it doesn't take you long to master it. i'd like one myself - i just have to find out where to get the pattern from!! and work on my knitting skills too......i'm not sure i'm up to that level.
l
x

Anonymous said...

It IS a great cardigan and made even more lovely by its greeness!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'm with Levin! I'm hoping you can figure it out so you can knit me one! Ahh.. one of these days I might learn how to knit, it's a skill that just completely escapes me... I can do the first row really well, but then somehow drop every stitch since then :(

djbebe said...

That is indeed a lovely cardi. Good luck with the knitting! Isn't Reverse Garbage fun to rummage through?

Hyena In Petticoats said...

The cardigan is gorgeous - though it doesn't do anything to assuage my very real fear of ever knitting anything from an *actual* pattern!

My bag and associated gifties came in the mail today - it's gorgeous! Thanks so much... I love it all - the bag, the brooch, the fabric scraps, the cute card, even your gorgeous little swing tags!

I'll be a-blog posting on it very soon!

Thanks again and again until the cows come home....

Leah xxxx

bettyninja said...

That is super cute and would be amazing in that color. Hey- did you see the Sew U new book is out? She did a home stretch fabric book. I just saw a new post about it on Angry Chicken's blog.

Maureen Reynolds said...

That is a wow sweater. I'll take it in that color but with full length sleeves. ;-)

The Stitching Surgeon said...

love the cardigan...love the owl too cute!

Jenny said...

I agree, it is a gorgeous cardigan:)

Rachel said...

Ooh, so pretty! I love the stitch pattern on the front!

Sherrin said...

oh God. I need to learn to knit. Badly. I am so loving that cardy!!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

I would love to learn how to knit. It seems like so much fun. That is a really great sweater I love the color.
Cheers and I hope you learn to make it and then post it on your blog :)