OK, this post has taken quite a bit of effort. I was tagged by Maggie from The Bird Bath and Kara from Fabric Fantastic to do the 7 Random Things meme. Here are the rules: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
And here my seven random things:
1. I have the same breakfast every morning. Peanut butter and jam on wholemeal toast, with a cup of early grey tea. For me, breakfast just doesn't get better than that. The only exception to this is Saturday mornings, when we have breakky at the markets, and then it's a pain au chocolat - otherwise known as a chocolate croissant - and a half-strength coffee. That's me lettin' loose!!
2. Sometimes I feel a little sad that I will never again have multi-coloured hair. At least, not until I am really old and can justify those funky blue and pink rinses. When I was younger I used to have VERY short hair and it would often be blue, pink, purple, spearmint....not so much bright vibrant colours, but soft pale colours reminiscent of sherbet. But now I'm a mum, and I'm 35, and I'm not going to be that sad person holding desperately onto their youth. So no more freaky spiky hair or weird colours for me....
3. I love rain. But I HATE being cold. This is why I love Brisbane so much - it rains without getting cold (yeah I know, hot, muggy etc...but I LOVE it!)
4. I feel uncomfortable on all forms of transport...except trains. I'm not phobic or anything - I drive a car every day, I travel by plane every year, and I've caught many buses, boats and taxis in my time. But I never enjoy the ride. I'm always very happy to get to where I'm going and get out. Trains however are a different story. I love being on them, I love the clickety clackety noise and gentle rocking motion, and I always feel like I'm off to somewhere very exciting when I'm on a train. I wonder if this is where Lee gets his train obsession from...hhhmmmmm....
5. I'm quite small...and I've always been tiny (except when I was pregnant, and those two times were the only brief change in size for me in 20 years. When my husband and I were first together and living in Melbourne, we rented a flat in Elsternwick with no heating, and it was so cold, that my mother-in-law gave me Matt's old snow overalls (very blue and very shiny) that he owned when he was a 12 year old boy. They fit me perfectly, and I wore them in that flat over my clothes all the time. It was a great look!
6. My name is Rebecca, but people always forget and call me 'Rachel'...I mean ALL the time. I must look more like a Rachel than a Rebecca...
7. My childhood self would be appalled to come across my present-day self and discover she was a stay-at-home mum/housewife. Until I had kids, I was very, very undomesticated (luckily my husband was the opposite!). Even when I took maternity leave from my job, I never imagined I wouldn't go back. Funnily enough, my husband never imagined he would work in an office and be the breadwinner - but life kinda led him into a job he loved, with good $$$, and I realised I was really happy doing the domestic thing. It's weird, as we are actually a very non-traditional couple doing quite traditional roles at the moment. Sometimes it cracks us up (especially when Matt comes home and sees me wearing an apron. He still cacks himself over that).
By the way, I just couldn't do a post without a photo (how boring) so the above one is a bag packaged up and ready to be sent off (the Dame Washalot bag found a new home last week). I'm currently experimenting with interesting forms of packaging. I think I quite like this one. What do you think?