Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another flying week

Well things haven't become any less busy since my last post, so here's a quick snapshot of my week:

Project of the week was making a pinata with Lee and Kate for my sister and her husband's joint birthday party. Didn't really know what I was doing, but we had fun, and it all worked out well. All the kids got a few good whacks in before it cracked. Watching them all scrambling down on their hands and knees gathering up lollies brought back lots of lovely childhood memories.

I also made Jade and Kym a chocolate heart-shaped birthday cake. It wasn't my finest work, but considering I decorated it with a massive hangover (yes, first one in about five years), I guess it was ok. I did have to serve it up to a host of executive chefs and foodies though, which was a little embarrassing!!!

And the reason for the terrible hangover? Let's just say old workmates, a Hollywood hen's night (congratulations Andrea - I had a great time), and four glasses of bubbly (which was about two too many). It was fun catching up with a whole heap of people that I used to work with, many of whom I hadn't seen in about three years. It was also fun dressing up. Just not so fun being so sick after only four drinks in five hours - and I was home by 11.30pm. So not fair!!! Anyway, I went as Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. This is the best pic I'm going to post of myself, as I like to think this is how I looked to most people who were wearing their 'beer glasses' (or equivalent).

Bit of a 'Monet' really.....best viewed from afar...

No comments: