Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Watcha Wearing Wednesday

Thought I would play along with Fi's Watcha Wearing Wednesday for a bit. Try and motivate myself to blog a bit more frequently :)

So today's wardrobe is decidedly un-Brisbanesque. I guess it's actually kinda Melbourny, i.e. black!!


The shoes are my old faithful Naots that are SO super comfy, albeit in that 'starting to look a bit scruffy' kinda way. And the little hairy bits you can see covering my dress are from carting a heap of coffee sacks from the car to the 'sewing storage area' (ie. floor of the rumpus room). Will have some coffee sack prototype bags to show you soon!!! Wee hee!!! The chocolate smearing at the bottom of the dress is courtesy of Kate. She must have done it this morning when Jade and I had coffee at the Merlo Coffee warehouse in Brisbane (we were given a great tour of their roasting facilities, as well as some fantastic coffee sacks to turn into new bag creations). And of course, I've been out and about all day and only now noticed the chocolate detailing at the bottom of my dress. Ripper!


My one concession to colour today is the Starashan brooch given to me by the lovely Sherrin. I now have three of her gorgeous fabric brooches and I wear them all the time.

Thanks Fi for letting me play, and make sure you check out the blogs of other WWW players at Fi's blog.

XX
Bec

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

You are definitely looking Melbournesque today! I love Sherrin's badges, I have a couple myself.

fi said...

cute! love those shoes and the chocolate stain;)

Cindy said...

Oh the essential child adornment, got to love that.
I have to tell you I am a little excited about the coffee bags, caffine hyper.

Hey Harriet said...

Looking forward to seeing your coffee sack bags. I was admiring a coffee sack bag from somewhere the other day and almost bought it. Glad I didn't now. I'll wait and buy one of yours instead! Quick! Get sewing up those cool coffee sacks! :)

Hot Fudge said...

Black and chocolate - ah, the classic combination. And after seeing an example of you new bags on Sunday, I can hardly wait to see what you two clever sisters come up with using the coffee sacks. I hope they still hold the aroma of the coffee beans!

Chrisy said...

Nice brooch..goes so well with the black...i could wear black every day...it's so easy..everything always matches and it does show off a bit of unique jewellery..and let's face it chocolate on black is much less noticeable than choclate on white!..looking forward to checking out the coffee sack bags...you clever thing!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I can't wait to see the coffee sack bags. I have no idea what they are so am quite intrigued.

Jetta's Nest said...

Chocolate on black looks and smells so much nicer than baby spew! So glad you had fun at the coffee warehouse and can't wait to see some more of those gorgeous bags!

Trish Goodfield said...

Coffee sack bags, I may never need an aroma fix again. Can't wait to see these.

flossy-p said...

I love that what you're wearing includes a smear of chocolate! Happy day! :D

Sharon said...

Chocolate is the height of fashion darling! (If I say it often enough someone will believe me!)The coffee sack bags sound great by the way. x

Unknown said...

Oh I love those shoes!

Sherrin said...

spunky shoes!! I'm glad you like the badge... it looks great on black. :o)