Friday, September 28, 2007

No-sew improv.


We went to a 3 year old's birthday party yesterday, and I decided to dress Kate in a top she was given last Christmas. It is a size 0, but the straps were still ridiculously big on her (14 months and still not fitting into a 9 month old's clothes - sheesh!). I contemplated taking them up, but as usual we were running late, so I grabbed a ribbon from my stash, and just tied them up at the back. I think it actually looked pretty cute, so maybe I'll just leave it that way until she grows into the top properly.

Oh, and on an entirely unrelated note, here are the pics of the zip pouch I made for mum to go with her lunch bag. It is similar fabric - both a lovely toile from Sis Boom.


It turned out ok, but I think the heavier fabric I used on the one I made for myself worked better for this type of pouch. This here is mine:


And lastly, no pics of the kitchen yet. We have the rangehood being installed today, then all we need is to put up the splashback, install the pantry shelves, and wire up the oven, and we will have a fully functioning kitchen. I'll post some pics once everything is done and dusted.

No comments: