Thursday, April 29, 2010

Starry starry night













Well I hope it is a nice starry and balmy Brisbane night tomorrow night, as BrisStyle will be holding its first Twilight market in King George Square in the city!!

I've decided to play it low key and just have a little spot in the Co-op tent, so hopefully I'll get to have a bit of a meander around and soak up all the twinkly atmosphere as I do a wee spot of shopping myself.

The media seems to have really got behind this event, and we've managed to get mentions in some awesome online sites such as Frankie, Yen and Four Thousand. And yours truly also managed to get her mug into the City News with the fabulous Helen (market organiser extraordinaire) as we posed with the Lord Mayor of Brisbane to promote the event.





I think our grins were those of delirium as I was sweating like the preverbial pig and feeling almost light-headed after spending forever setting up a 'pretend' market stall in the middle of King George Square in the middle of the day - sun beating down and surrounded by concrete. "I'm melting! I'm melting!"

So if you're in Brisbane and looking for something to do tomorrow night pop down and say hi - there'll be live jazz, outdoor restaurant eating, and of course all the usual BrisStyle handmade goodness. With added twinkly ambiance :)

1 comment:

littlechrissy said...

You both look amazing in the photo. See you soon!