Monday, November 30, 2009

Forget the dishes...


It's no real secret around here that housework has been taking a backseat to mad preparations for the BrisStyle Indie Designers Market coming up this weekend. But Jade and I have taken it a step further by using the humble tea-towel for something a little less mundane than polishing watermarks off cutlery (hey, who am I kidding - have I EVER cleaned watermarks off cutlery? Well no - but hey, I have seen it done in restaurants).


I'd like to call these something fancy like 'the tea-towel transformation range' but let's be honest - we are pilfering old tea-towels and sewing them up into bags and clutches. Bags and clutches with a talking point though, because surely a bag that says 'fairy penguins' on the front is not something you see being toted around the city every day :)


Anyway, I think they're turning out kinda ok - dad's handmade wooden buttons lend themselves well to the lovely linen tea-towels. Combined with either recycled fabrics, or organic hemp canvases, these bags are most definitely one-offs, and will not be available in our Etsy shop (unless of course they don't all sell at the BrisStyle market, in which case they may appear in the Etsy shop sometime after that...).


Right - better get back to it I suppose. I will definitely be popping back into this blog sooner rather than later as I am currently wearing some gorgeous jewellery that I am dying to blog about. But I want to take a bit more time on that post as I just know I'm gonna go all 'fan-girl' on that one. For now, it's sew sew sew for the next five days.

Giddy-up!!!!

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

They're just gorgeous! I think I have that same exact fairy penguins tea towel, but in a creamy colour. I turned it into a tea towel tote last week (I don't ever dry dishes either).
Hope you have a fabulous market and sell heaps and heaps!

Veronica Darling... said...

Oh my GOODNESS. Orange and Penguins! My Husbie's fave animal and fave colour... I'm going to show him as soon as he gets off the phone and perhaps that's my Christmas present that I won't know about!

xoxo

One Flew Over said...

"kinda ok"...ahhh....they are bloddy DIVINE!!!

Thea said...

These are wonderful! Clever dad too with his so-cool wooden buttons.

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

Those bags and clutches are going to sell out in a SECOND!

Little Mary Moo said...

Oh wow! I love the bag with the penguin. Can't wait to see your stall on Saturday.

Taybian Design said...

They are ALL so gorgeous!!!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Love it! Good luck at the show!

Stacey said...

Oh I wish I was coming to your market. From what I've seen around the blogosphere it is going to be huge.
Those penguins!!

Hot Fudge said...

Tea towels? What are they? Oh yes - I remember. Now, how much better do they look as these doozy little bags? Clever girls. You will have customers lining up on Saturday, so please keep the crowds under control and ask them not to destroy my little stall next door!

The Little Miss said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE wow!
If you get a chance come check me out too! I have a giveaway going on and a new one every monday so be sure to follow me :)
xo
littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

Bianca said...

Love that first bag, it's gorgeous... Enjoy the market. Too bad I live so far away :(

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Hey Bec. I too am absolutely besotted by the penguins. How much are you selling it for?